I love using safe, non-toxic cleaners around the house – not only do they smell great, but I don’t have to worry about Valentina getting chemicals in her eyes, mouth or even worse, ingesting them. Here are three of my favorite recipes that are easy to make and work like a charm!
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 5-10 drops lemon essential oil
Combine baking soda and water in a bowl and stir. Then add the vinegar and essential oil. It will end up the consistency of a paste.
Apply liberally to your stove top, allow to sit 10-15 minutes, then wipe clean.
Liquid Dish Soap
- 2 cups unscented castille soap
- 20 drops lime essential oil
- 8 drops lemon essential oil
- 6 drops citrus blend essential oil (or could use 1/2 and 1/2 wild orange and grapefruit)
Fill a large, clean bottle with castille soap, add essential oils and shake well.
- 2 1/2 cups baking soda
- 1/2-1 cup water
- 15 drops cleansing essential oil blend (DYI version – lime, lemon, Douglas fir, melaleuca, cilantro and citronella)
- Silicone mold
Combine baking soda and essential oils in a bowl and stir. Add water until a thick paste forms (like damp sand). Divide mixture evenly into silicone molds, and let sit for 2-3 days. Then put it in the fridge, the bathroom, under the sink or in the shoe closet!!
These are just a few easy but creative recipes that you can whip up in just a few minutes, but will have your kitchen looking and smelling great! Enjoy!!