For those of you who joined us on the webinar on our 30-day detoxification program today, we want to thank you and hope you learned some new things! Here are the notes in summary format for you to keep as a reference. For those who missed it, please let me know that you’re interested and I can make sure to notify you the next time around.
What is a Toxin?
- Any substance that produces a harmful or irritating affect on the body.
- Toxins impact your body’s ability to function optimally.
- In innate wisdom, the body stores them away and tries to sequester them (in adipose and other tissues).
Where Do Toxins Come From?
- Air – pollution, coal-burning power plants, car exhaust
- Water – heavy metals (lead), chlorine, fluoride
- Food – pesticides, fertilizers, antibiotics, hormones, heavy metals (esp seafood)
- Other – amalgam fillings, vaccines, plastics, pharmaceuticals, cleaning products, personal care products
Why is Detoxification Important?
- Reducing chance of chronic disease
- Faster recovery from chronic disease
- More energy
- Better quality sleep
- Weight loss
- Faster recovery from illness, exercise
- Hormonal balance
- Emotional balance
- Feeling and looking more vibrant and energized
How Are Toxins Processed and Eliminated?
- Lymphatic system brings toxins back into central blood stream
- Liver – has to process majority of toxins and get them ready for elimination by other organs
- Organs of elimination –
- Skin – sweating
- Lungs – breathing
- Kidneys – urinating
- Bowels – defecating
- Having a healthy digestive system is crucial for healthy detoxification and maintaining a balanced system – “Healthy Microbiome”
Detox Programs vs Everyday Ongoing Detox
Detox programs (7-30 days) –
- can be a good jumpstart
- can reset dietary and lifestyle habits
- be careful of ‘rebounding’ back to old habits at the end
Everyday ongoing detox –
- sets people up to gently but consistently detoxify throughout their lives
- makes people more aware of incoming toxins and ongoing healthy choices to prevent them
Nutritional Strategies to Support Detoxification
- Minimize incoming toxins –
- drink only filtered, clean water, preferably alkaline – not tap water
- drink at least ½ gallon per day – add lemon or grapefruit oil
- eat organic as much as possible
- choose organic/ free-range eggs and organic poultry and meat that has not been exposed to any hormones or antibiotics. Grass-fed where possible
- Sugar is a TOXIN!!!
- Eat lots of dietary fiber – need to sweep toxins out of the bowel and eliminate them, not have them reabsorbed into the blood stream. Consider adding 1 tablespoon ground flax to a smoothie; other options are psyllium husk or ground chia.
- Minimize foods that cause immune reactions and sensitivities –
- test food sensitivities through blood testing
- avoid foods that make you feel off, lethargic, bloated or sick
- minimize inflammatory foods – gluten and dairy
Lifestyle Strategies to Support Detoxification
- Sleep is key – at least 8 hours a night is ideal.
- Essential oils for sleep – geranium, vetiver, marjoram, lavender, cedarwood.
- Much detoxification happens at night when the body has a chance to rest and do it’s repair and regeneration.
- Emotions – watch for toxic thoughts and emotions. Seek personal growth and development through counseling, journaling, Emotional Freedom Technique.
Use essential oils to support healthy emotional wellbeing –
- Grounding Blend – grounding blend, calming for the mind
- Calming Blend – calming and soothing
- Joyful Blend – uplifting, joyful blend
- Invigorating Blend – uplifting, energizing blend
- Spiritual – prayer and meditation to detox the mind and spirit! Start with a few minutes every day.
- Detox your home – non-toxic cleaning and personal care products to reduce chemical exposure.
Other Tools To Support Detoxification
- 1 cup Epsom salts
- 4 drops each of lavender, geranium and lemongrass
- Soak for 20-30 minutes.
- Couple with drinking lots of water (with lemon oil added).
- Lymphatic Drainage massage can be great for mobilizing toxins and moving them towards channels of elimination.
- AromaTouch technique – a hands-on method of applying essential oils, created to combat four systemic constants: stress, toxic insult, inflammation, and autonomic imbalance.
- Increases circulation and oxygenation of tissues; assists in the ‘sweeping’ of lymphatic fluid up towards the heart.
- Use a boar-hair brush, only brush dry skin (before a shower best).
- Always sweep towards the heart, except for across the chest area sweep towards armpits.
- Also good for the lymphatic system.
- Can be good for those who are not well enough to exercise.
- Start with just a minute or two, build up to 10 minutes daily.
- Combination of far-infra red waves, negative ion effects and amethyst crystals to act as a conduit.
- Delivers deep penetrating heat to tissues, which supports detox and cell healing.
- Good for pain and fatigue too.
- Great tool for getting toxins out of the adipose cells.
- Especially good for heavy metals, chemicals etc.
- Infrared heat is lower temperature but deeper penetration than regular sauna – promotes greater detoxification.
Supplement Program to Support Detoxification
Digestive Enzyme Complex
- Digestive enzymes that help break down food and maximize assimilation of nutrients.
- Breaking down food completely reduces the immune reaction that can generate cytokines (immune chemicals) that can cause inflammation in the body and brain.
- Maximizes nutritional bio-availability of nutrients in food.
GI Cleansing Formula
- Combination of essential oils and caprylic acid to reduce imbalances in the intestinal tract.
- This is a strong formula – if you have a sensitive gastrointestinal system, stay with one softgel daily.
- Can be taken in recurring pulses for more chronic issues – 10 days per month.
- Contains – oregano, melaleuca, lemon, lemongrass, peppermint, thyme.
Probiotic Defense Formula
- Prebiotic fiber plus six strains of organisms – 6 billion CFU of active cultures per capsule.
- Double-capsule system – outer capsule contains short-chain FOS prebiotic fiber; while inner capsule is time-released delivery of active probiotic cultures.
- Helps support healthy digestion and healthy immunity in the gut.
- Healthy gut flora prevents overgrowth of problematic microbes.
Detoxification herbal complex
- Blend of 14 active whole-food extracts in a patented enzyme delivery system that supports healthy cleansing and filtering functions of the liver, kidneys, colon, lungs, and skin.
Detoxification oil blend
- Essential oil blend
- Proprietary blend of therapeutic-grade essential oils including Tangerine, Rosemary, Geranium, Juniper Berry, and Cilantro to support healthy liver function.
- Contains – Frankincense, Wild Orange, Lemongrass, Thyme, Summer Savory, Clove, and Niaouli essential oils.
- Shown in clinical studies to help protect cells against free-radical damage while supporting healthy cellular function.
- Good for focus, cognition, emotional balance.
- Works on cellular repair and regeneration.
- Naturally detoxes and cleanses the body.
- 1-2 drops in water a few times during the day.
- Great long-term habit to start.
- Lemon oil much more concentrated than lemon water.
BONUS: Metabolic Support to Cleanse Adipose Cells
- Metabolic blend – 4-5 drops in water twice daily, or 1 softgel twice daily.
- This can help to assist in mobilizing fats (toxins are often stored in fat cells).
- Contains grapefruit, lemon, peppermint, ginger, and cinnamon essential oils to help manage hunger, calm your stomach, and lift your mood/ energy.
- Helps to curb appetite and reduce sugar cravings in the early days of a detox program!!!
- Protein Shakes – chocolate or vanilla flavored protein powder; based on whey but also comes in vegan; contains a special extract to manage cortisol and help with weight loss, and another to help reduce appetite.
Digestive Enzyme Blend – 1 with each meal.
GI Cleansing Blend – 1-2 daily, 10 days per month.
Probiotic Defense Formula – 1 capsule daily.
Detoxification oil blend – 2 softgels daily.
Cellular Complex – 2 softgels daily.
Lemon oil – 5 drops in water in the morning.
How To Order Essential Oils
Wholesale membership – like Costco – pay $35 a year fee and get everything at wholesale prices (25% off retail).
Also entitled to product credits to give an additional 10-30% discount.
Spring Clean Kit – $186 + $35 membership fee.
Contains Digestive Enzyme Blend, GI Cleansing Blend, Probiotic Complex, Detoxification Complex, Detoxification oil, Cellular Complex, Lemon oil.
– Second bottle of Digestive Enzyme Blend and Lemon essential oil FREE!!
– FREE Metabolic oil blend or Softgels!!
– Includes full nutrition guide and “how to” guide for doing detox helpers at home.
Email me and one of my team members will contact you to get you started!!!