Our nervous system is such a central facet of our overall health. We think of our brain as the central computer that drives our whole system, using our peripheral nerves as the conductors of messages, signals and chemicals. When the nervous system is stressed for whatever reason, it can impact our whole body. These essential oil recipes for healthy brains and nerves can give you some tools that you can utilize to help yourself if your nervous system is not functioning the way that you would like.
Nervous System Cleanse
This is a blend that you add to a capsule and take internally – it can help brain and organ function:
- 4 drops frankincense
- 4 drops thyme
- 4 drops clove
Take once a day.
- 7 drops helichrysum
- 7 drops patchouli
- 6 drops sandalwood
- 5 drops roman chamomile
- 3 drops cyprus
Combine in a 5mL roller bottle; fill remainder with a carrier oil such as fractionated coconut oil. Roll on the bone behind the ear, back of neck into the hairline, and forehead – morning and night.
This is a good blend for any damage or discomfort in peripheral nerves as it can be applied on the affected area; applying along the spine is good too.
- 14 drops frankincense
- 10 drops helichrysum
- 10 drops roman chamomile
- 8 drops vetiver
- 6 drops peppermint
Combine into a 5mL roller bottle and fill the rest with fractionated coconut oil. Use twice daily along the spine or on affected area.
This is more a series of steps that you can take to help brain clarity. It all starts with good nutrition, optimized with the Lifelong Vitality Pack – a combination of whole food vitamins and minerals, essential fatty acids and a cellular health complex. A good probiotic helps overall brain function too.
- Use 1-2 drops of doTERRA’s Balance blend on the soles of your feet twice daily. This is very calming and grounding.
- Place 3-4 drops of frankincense under the tongue twice daily.
- Drink several drops of your favorite citrus oil in water throughout the day.
- Use In-Tune focus blend around the neck area, or on the soles of your feet when you need to be “on”.
- For mid-afternoon energy slumps, drop 1 drop peppermint in the palms of your hands, rub them together then rub into your shoulders. You can also diffuse Citrus Bliss blend for extra alertness.
These are just a few ideas to get you started. I certainly use peppermint as a wake-me-upper in the way described above; and frankincense is my very favorite oil for neurological health. But if you want to get more creative with it, and add potency and effectiveness, then these combinations are tried and true.