The bathroom may not be the room you spend the most time in, but it’s certainly one that is a priority for keeping nice and fresh. With just a couple of spray bottles, you can make a blend of essential oils for a clean and nice smelling bathroom. And the loo spray? As much as it might seem an odd thing to share, it’s a very popular item for the whole family. And it really works.
Air Freshening Spray
This is about as simple as it gets. In a 4 ounce glass spray bottle, combine water and 20 drops of your favorite oil or blend. I usually recommend citrus oils for their fresh cleansing qualities – lemon is always a winner. I’m not a huge orange fan, but wild orange is excellent for this purpose too. doTERRA makes a blend called Purify that a lot of people like, but to keep is simple, the single oils can be equally used with good results.
Shower Cleaning Spray
Now we want to up the ante since showers can accumulate grime, germs and even mold.
- White distilled vinegar
- 2 drops Lemon essential oil
- 3 drops Melaleuca essential oil
- 1 drop Clove essential oil
- 4 ounce glass spray bottle
- In glass spray bottle, mix 1 part white vinegar with 2 parts water.
- Add lemon, melaleuca and clove essential oil. The lemon in cleansing and disinfecting, while clove and melaleuca are also great antimicrobials.
- Shake well each time before spraying on surfaces.
- Leave on surface 30 minutes before rinsing.
The trick to this one is to use it before you go #2. It’ll prevent odors from being released into the air.
- 8 oz water
- 1 teaspoon rubbing alcohol
- 10 drops Grapefruit
- 10 drops Lemongrass
- 10 drops Bergamot
- Combine all ingredients in an 8 oz glass spray bottle.
- Shake well before each use.
- Spray 4 spritzes on the water in the toilet bowl prior to sitting down.
So there you have it – three simple ways to keep your bathroom fresh, clean, sanitized and sparkly.